COME JOIN US!
SLIDESHOW OF OLD PHOTOS & TALK
AUTOGRAPHING & BOOK SALE OF
THE PINE BARRENS OF NEW JERSEY
NEW EGYPT HISTORICAL SOCIETY
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH, 11AM
FREE ADMISSION! GREAT GIFT IDEA
Come join local author and NEHS member Karen Riley
as she unveils her latest book on the Pine Barrens.
Highlights of The Pine Barrens of New Jersey:
- Features more than 200 vintage images from public and private collections - many
photos have never been published anywhere before.
- Showcases many famous people like Lila W. Thompson from New Egypt, the first woman
to represent an entire county in the state legislature.
- Contains photos of the various train lines that crossed the Pine Barrens at one time,
including the only derailment of the Blue Comet.
- Depicts many of the earliest industries in the Pine Barrens including glassmaking,
basket manufacturing, shipbuilding, and bog iron mining.
- Learn about ghost towns, abandoned buildings and the world's 8th tallest structure in a
unique peek into the past.